Thursday, February 18, 2010

You won't Believe the Week I've HAD!!!

Lagging on blogging. Not! I've been very busy. OK...not busy right here at this spot, but busy none the less. I have updated my website with new features and a Contact Us form, written more copy for it, plus added a new blog to that site. As this site is what I am trying to generate income from, it does come first......don't know if I will be able to keep up with two blogs on a daily basis (not that I am keeping up with this one either!) but I will make a good effort.

So to add on top of that stuff....Sweetpea cut class yesterday! Know how I found out??? The school called last night with a prerecorded message asking her "where abouts" for a class that day. They wanted to know if it was excused or unexcused. I chose the option to get back to them with my answer today - while I interrogated asked Sweetpea "What the heck was going on!!" As most teens will do...at first, she said she "didn't know what they were talking about" (hands in the air and that look of complete surprise on her face) and of course I gave her the "if you tell me now Sweetpea, the consequences will be far less than if I catch you lying about it" talk....I went back to my office and about 5 a minutes later she came in and confessed the whole story. She cut last period with a SENIOR BOY. OMG...she is just a freshman for G-Sakes!! I have always told her that because we live in a small town...she can never hide the truth from me...it will come out eventually! But...what the F**K was she thinking. I know this type of thing will happen throughout the next few years, but I was totally caught off guard. I calmly explained the reasons she CANNOT go off campus with anyone, let alone a boy - and an older boy at that!!!

The beautiful thing about my daughter is that she has such a conscience. She has never been able to lie much to me with out a total confession later. It even opened up a dialogue last night about drinking. She admitted to that as well. WOW...I mean WOW..they are growing up so fast I feel like Linda Blair from The Exorcist. UGH and I am sure it will only get worse before things get better. For now...at least she still is my lil' Sweetpea.

Any advice on how to cope my friends???

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I am stopping by from Friday Follow.
Nice to meet you.
Stop by and let me know when you follow me back.

Rebecca
@Buttons and Bows

♥Jennette♥ said...

Hi, I am following from friday follow!I am following you!
Stop by and visit me at,
http://www.smartandtrendymoms.com/
http://rockincupcake.blogspot.com/

Rebecca D said...

I'm a new follower... Happy Friday Follow!

krystal said...

I'm new from Friday Follow :)
krysta1.blogspot.com

I am Harriet said...

Hi there.
I've had the same skippin' school thing happen here.
Stopping by from Friday Follow to say hello.
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/02/what-guy-says-im-not-going-to-lie-i-am-not-a-twig-im-curvy-welcome-followers-where-are-you/

Marilyn (A Lot of Loves) said...

I don't have teenagers yet (thank goodness - I don't think I'm ready). What fun it sounds like! :)

I'm following from Follow Friday. I look forward to reading your stuff!

Missy | Literal Mom said...

Kids cutting class makes me shudder! Following from Friday Follow!

Unknown said...

I only have babies so I have no advice for you. I don't look forward to having a teenager.

I'm following you from Friday Follow!
Heather
http://www.ratherbechangingdiapers.com/

Life Is A SandCastle said...

Following from Friday Follow and looking forward to your posts.
http://lifeisasandcastle.blogspot.com/

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

Hi there! Thanks for joining the Blog Hop. I'm following you now. Love your blog. I'll be back later to read more.

Happy Follow Friday!

Tami
www.heartsmakefamilies.com

Darcy said...

visiting you from Friday Follow!

have a great week.

justanightowl.com