Thursday, May 20, 2010

Fake Nails....

Sweetpea talked me into getting some of those glue-on fake nails for her last night and I ended up putting some on too. Now, I don't usually do fake nails as my own grow quite nicely, but recently my nails have looked pretty trashy. Stress maybe??? Anyway, the damn things are KILLING ME. Every finger hurts like heck and I am unable to complete the simplest of tasks like buttoning and zipping up clothes and other more personal duties without them feeling weird and uncomfortable. 

UGH....I don't think they will come off easy either. I don't know what to do...just wait until the glue wears off or try to pop them off myself? The only good thing about this all is that they do look really, really nice for fake nails and Sweetpea also liked how they felt when I scratched her back last night. Hmmmm, maybe that was the whole devious plot...she wanted me to have nails for her back!!!!

Anyway....Tay, (momma goat) has found a way out of our yard that last few days. Much to our surprise, and I think hers, on Monday afternoon - there she was looking at us from the other side of the fence! Goats have that "deer in the headlights look" too. So, with a little shake of the coffee can full of grain....she slowly followed Sweetpea back to our yard with no problem. I couldn't find a hole in the fence, so I was a bit perplexed. Then, for the next few days we were finding her out at least once a day! A bit of Houdini blood??? But, I fix HER! Another two rows of barbwire and more fencing up in the back and damn...she better NOT be able to escape again. (Seriously, I think it was by accident...she just pushed on the fence and crawled through in a few places.)

If only I could spend this much time and energy with a man, life would be sweet...sigh. I wonder if that will ever happen, but then again I don't have much spare time as it is to even look.....

UPDATE 5/24/10 - The nails are still ON...How do I get them off???? Talk about super glue! Yikes!

0 comments: